Vegan Udon Noodle Stir Fry
- 360 g Udon noodles
- 1/3 red cabbage
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 8 stalks spring onion
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 4 tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 8 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 220C. Slice cabbage into 2cm wedges and cauliflower into small florets. Line a baking tray, and place the cauliflower on one side, and the cabbage on the other.
- Mix 4 tbsp soy sauce with 4 tbsp oil and drizzle over all vegetables.
- Place vegetables in the oven. After 15 minutes, remove cauliflower. Allow the cabbage to bake fr another 5-10 minutes until caramelised.
- Bring a large saucepot of water to the boil, then add the udon noodles. These typically take 8 minutes, but check packet instructions. When done, drain and rinse noodles and set aside.
- Mince garlic. Finely slice the spring onions and set aside a small handful for garnish. Heat remaining 2 tbsp oil in a large frypan and add garlic and remaining spring onions. Stir for 3 minutes over medium heat, then add noodles, mirin and curry powder. Stir for 2 minute, then add cauliflower and cabbage.
- Add 4 tbsp soy sauce, lime juice and stir gently to combine. Serve immediately in bowls and garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds.