Vegan Mushroom Ramen
- 240 g ramen noodles
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 4 sheets kombu
- 2 small brown onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp dried mushroom of choice
- 240 g fresh mushrooms
- 450 g extra firm tofu
- 4 small bok choy
- 4 spring onion
- 2 vegan stock cubes
- 2 carrots
- small bunch of coriander
- 6 tbsp oil
- Dice onion and mince garlic. Heat saucepan with 2 tbsp oil on medium heat and cook garlic and onion for 3 minutes.
- Add 6 cups of water, stock cube, kombu and dried mushrooms to saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place ramen noodles in a large bowl or tray and cover with boiling water for 6 minutes until al dente. Drain and rinse in cold water, and drizzle with oil to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Prepare remaining ingredients. Slice mushrooms thinly, slice bok choy lengthwise, peel and grate carrot and slice spring onion.
- Remove kombu from saucepan and add miso paste, then bring to a boil. Taste and add extra salt or water if needed and turn off heat.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in medium frypan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and fry fr 4-5 minutes. Add bok choy and fry for 2 minutes, then add 1/2 cup of water and cook for 3 minutes until water evaporates.
- To serve, place ramen noodles into bowls, then top with bok choy, mushrooms, grated carrot and then ladle the broth over the top. Ganish with spring onion and coriander leaves.