Vegan Lemon Slice
- Food processor
- 3/4 cup coconut condensed milk
- 120 g vegan butter or margarine
- 250 g vegan friendly plain tea biscuits *I use Arnott's Nice Biscuits
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 2 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 30 g vegan butter or margarine melted
- Heat coconut condensed milk and 120g vegan butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until simmering and combined.
- Place biscuits in a food processor and blitz until fine crumbs.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine biscuit crumbs, dessicated coconut and half the lemon rind.
- Add half the lemon juice to the condensed milk and vegan butter and stir to combine. Pour this over the dry biscuit mixture and stir until combined.
- Press mixture into a 15.5cm x 25cm baking tray and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl, then add remaining lemon juice and 30g of melted vegan butter. Mix until smooth.
- Spread icing mixture onto slice, then sprinkle remaining lemon zest over the top. Return to fridge for another 30 minutes to set.
- Slice into 24 bite size squares and serve. Store in an airtight container in the fridge, it should keep for about 5 days.