This is a delicious easy little breakfast, cooling and light on the stomach, making it perfect for summer. The layers and colours make it fun and kind of impressive! But in reality it’s super easy and takes just a few minutes to throw together. A great option if you’re hosting a brunch or have guests staying over… or if you want to impress your coworkers, it also transports perfectly in a mason jar.
You can use store bought yoghurt, or for a more affordable option, you can make your own (search ‘yoghurt’ in my recipes). I suggest trying it with a nice rich and creamy full-fat yoghurt like soy or coconut. I used store bought fruit free toasted muesli, added some extra almonds, coconut flakes and maple syrup. I prefer fruit-free for this recipe as I find it’s already quite sweet with the raspberries and the yoghurt.
Vegan Breakfast Cup - Yoghurt, Chia Jam and Muesli
- 2 cup vegan vanilla yoghurt (soy or coconut are great)
- 1/2 cup muesli or granola
- 2 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp water
- In microwave proof container, heat raspberries on high for 1 minute.
- Add chia seeds and water, mix well.
- Return to microwave for another 1-2 minutes on high, until the raspberries have broken down.
- Leave for 3 minutes to thicken.
- Distribute half of the chia jam between two glasses.
- Pour 1 cup of yoghurt over chia jam in each glass.
- Top each glass with 1/4 cup of muesli each.
- Serve with maple syrup if desired.