Ultimate Vegan Pancakes
Fluffy vegan pancakes made with vegan buttermilk! Easy, household ingredients, ready in 20 minutes.
- 2 cup plain flour
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1.5 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2.5 cup soy or oat milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- olive oil
- plant-based cream
- maple syup
- To make the plant-based buttermilk: combine milk, vinegar and vanilla in a medium sized bowl. Stir and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Pour about ½ cup of batter into pan. When bubbles start to appear in the middle - flip the pancake and cook for another minute or so until golden. Remove from pan and set aside. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Top with plant based cream, berries and maple syrup to se