Salt & Vinegar Roast Potatoes
These salt and vinegar baby potatoes taste like a wicked combination of packet crisps and roast dinner! Serve with aioli for a creamy finish.
Servings 4 people as a side
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 1.5 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp salt
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F.
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters. If some potatoes are on the larger size, cut them down to match the smallest sized quartered potato (it's important they are small so the flavour can infuse).
- Place potatoes, vinegar and salt into a large pot and fill with water roughly 4cm above the potatoes.
- Bring to the boil, uncovered and boil for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer to a roasting tray. Coat in olive oil and pinch of salt, then roast in the oven, for 40 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Make sure to flip the potatoes part way through cooking so they go crispy on all sides. Serve immediately as a side or with aioli as a snack.
If serving as a snack - chop up some capers and mix through a c