Rich Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Dutch oven
- 2 800ml can diced tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion large
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 carrot finely grated
- 800 ml water
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- cracked pepper
- olive oil extra virgin
- cooked pasta of choice
- fresh parsley
- vegan parmesan
- Add onion to a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- Add a lug of olive oil to dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and stir until translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Blitz garlic, oregano and carrot in food processor until finely chopped. Add to the onions with a pinch of salt and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Blitz canned tomatoes in food processor until smooth. Add to the onion and carrot mixture, sitr until combined.
- Add tomato paste and water, stir until combined.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a low simmer for 1.5 - 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Top with extra water if needed. The longer you can leave the sauce to simmer, the more flavoursome it will become.
- Serve with freshly cooked pasta, cracked pepper, parsley and vegan parmesan.