- 600 g portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Merlot or other full bodied dry red wine
- 1 large brown onion halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil or vegan butter
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable stock powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegan feta
- balsamic glaze
- sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 220C/425F and line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Add oil or butter to a fry pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions, stir for 3-4 minutes until translucent. Add the mushrooms, stock and red wine and cook uncovered until reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Place pastry sheets onto the lined baking sheet, join at the centre by overlapping the sheets and pressing down with the back of a fork. Pour the cooked mushroom mixture onto the centre. Spread the mushroom mixture out so it is evenly distributed. Fold the edges of the pastry over so you have a few centimetres as an edge. Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with crumbled feta, rocket, balsamic glaze and sea salt flakes.