Lemon, Oregano & Garlic Hasselback Potatoes
- Dutch oven
- 750 g white potatoes skin on, washed
- olive oil extra virgin
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon zest finely grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Carefully slice the potatoes on one side approx 2mm apart. Place chopsticks either side of the potato as a guard to prevent accidentally cutting too deep.
- Coat potatoes generously in olive oil and salt and place into dutch oven.
- With skin on, gently crush the garlic cloves with the back of your knife. Dip each clove in olive oil and place in the dutch oven amongst the potatoes.
- Roast potatoes and garlic for 30 minutes.
- Remove garlic from oven and return the potatoes for a further 40 minutes.
- Remove the skins and finely chop the garlic.
- In a mixing bowl, combine garlic and all dressing ingredients. Mix well.
- When potatoes are done, brush them generously with dressing and serve immediately.