Homemade Chilli Jam
This sweet and spicy chilli jam is a great accompaniment for hot chips, spring rolls, sandwiches, or even avocado on toast. It's easy to make and only requires a handful of ingredients.
- Sterilised jam jars
- 10 red chillies
- 2 red capsicums
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 cups white sugar
- 500 ml apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Roughly chop the chillies and capsicum, removing all the seeds. Peel and roughly chop the garlic cloves.
- Add the garlic and chillies to a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- Add the capsicum to the food processor and pulse again until finely chopped.
- Add chilli mixture, sugar and vinegar to a large pot or dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer of low heat for 25 minutes until the liquid has reduced by roughly half the volume.
- After simmering, the consistency will be thicker, but still runny. It will continue to set as it cools. Pour into sterilised jam jars and seal. It should keep for several months unopened in the pantry if jars are sterilised and sealed. Once opened, it should keep in the fridge for up to 5 weeks.
Tiffany Castle says
Thank you. I LOVE chilli jam on my aubergine and hummus sandwiches. I really like the idea of having home made.