Healthy Instant Noodles (high protein, gluten free and vegan)
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 2 tsp chinese five spice
- 1 bunch buk choy (3 stems) chopped
- 200 g vermicelli noodles
- 1 cup TVP dry
- 1 red chilli finely sliced (optional)
- Prepare vegetables. Mince garlic. Finely slice chilli (optional - omit if you prefer less heat). Wash and trim the ends of the buk choy, the chop into 2-3cm pieces.
- Make the stock paste buy combining all the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well until combined.
- Lay out four medium sized jars or lunch size tupperware containers. Break the vermicelli noodles into 4 sections and place into each container, followed by 1/4 cup of TVP in each, then dividing the buk choy and chilli between each container evenly, plus a scoop of the stock paste in each. Seal the containers and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
- When you are ready to eat, pour boiling water into the container, enough so that the ingredients are covered. Leave this to sit for 2-3 minutes before stirring gently until the stock paste is dissolved. Eat immediately!