Healing Golden Oats to begin your day peacefully 🌞
Turmeric is the hero ingredient in this dish! High in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, it’s theorised that it can help heal the body, prevent heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s and even improve mental health. Originating from India, turmeric has an earthy flavour and is most commonly used in curries, but it also pairs really well with mild warming spices and fruits.
You can top these soothing oats with any nut butter, seeds or fruit you would like. I love the mix of crunchy, healthy filling fats and refreshing fruit. I topped mine with stewed apple, but this would also be delicious with mango, papaya or extra banana.
Vegan Golden Oat Porridge with Turmeric
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- fruit of choice (I used stewed Granny Smith apple)
- coconut flakes
- nut butter of choice
- golden syrup
- extra turmeric for dusting
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mash banana.
- Stir spices and salt through banana mixture.
- Mix oats, chia seeds and water into banana mixture. Microwave for 90 seconds on high (or as per oats packet instructions).
- Stir oats, then add toppings as desired!