Garlic Smashed Roast Potatoes
These twice cooked smashed potatoes are the ultimate twist on roast spuds! Crispy and rough on the outside, soft on the inside with a classic garlic and rosemary flavour - no side dish is more satisfying.
- 1 kg washed potatoes medium-large
- 50 g vegan butter or margarine melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 200C. Pierce potatoes a few times with a fork to prevent splitting.
- Add potatoes to a large pot with a very generous pinch of salt. Cover with water, then bring to the boil over medium heat for about 30 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the potatoes, then transfer them to a roasting tray. Using a potato masher, press each potato until they partially split and are about half their starting height.
- Drizzle potatoes with melted margarine and sprinkle with salt, rosemary and garlic. Use your hands to rub the butter and toppings onto all sides of the potatoes.