Creamy & Spicy Jackfruit Avocado Crunch Wrap (Vegan)
- 1 lemon
- 2 leek
- 800g canned jackfruit
- 250g black beans
- 4 large wholemeal pita bread
- 2 avocado
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 800 ml coconut cream
- 2 chilli minced
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Halve leek lengthwise and slice into half rings. Rinse leek to remove dirt.
- Drain and rinse jackfruit and slice into 2cm pieces. Drain black beans.
- Heat fry pan on medium heat with oil. Add leek, jackfruit and a good pinch of salt to the pan. Fry for 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly. Add spice mix and lemon juice. Cook for 2 more minutes then add black beans, coconut cream and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer and reduce into a thick creamy sauce for 5-7 minutes.
- Cut avocados in half and remove the stone. Scoop out the flesh and slice into long strips. Mince chilli. Taste jackfruit mix and add extra salt if desired.
- Place a large fry pan on medium heat. Place pita bread into the pan, then place creamy jackfruit mixture onto one side of the pita. Top with sliced avocado and chilli. Fold over the top then carefully flip the pita onto the other side. Cook for a further minute until the pita is browned and crispy on the other side. Repeat for all pitas.
- Transfer the crunch wraps to a chopping board then slice into halves. Enjoy immediately!