The BEST melt in your mouth chocolate chip cookies! Super easy, one-bowl, ready in 20 minutes and less than 10 ingredients.
I have been perfecting this recipe for months on-and-off! Cookies are more nuanced to bake than you might expect. I found that some batches were too thin, spreading across the pan. Others were too cakey …do not use baking powder, baking SODA is essential to success!
The end result is soft, slightly chewy cookies that are loaded with chocolate but aren’t sickly sweet. The little smidge of coffee doesn’t impart any flavour but just enhances the intensity of the dark chocolate. I love to add a generous sprinkle of sea salt flakes at the end but they are also great without if you prefer that classic cookie taste.
One Bowl Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp instant coffee, dissolved in 1 tsp hot water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 200 g vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- Optional: sea salt flakes, to top
- Preheat oven to 180C and lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a very small bowl, dissolve instant coffee in 1 tsp of hot water.