Banana Blueberry Baked Oats (vegan)
- Large baking dish
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or raw sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup protein powder optional
- 2/3 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 2 cups plant based milk
- 2.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large overripe banana mashed
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- coconut yoghurt
- fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 190C / 375F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: rolled oats, cinnamon, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, chia seeds, protein powder and walnuts.
- In a separate medium sized bowl or large jug, combine wet ingredients: milk, oil, vanilla extract and overripe banana.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry and mix to combine.
- Lightly grease a large baking tray and scatter half of the blueberries across the tray. Top with the oat mixture, then scatter the remaining blueberries across the top. Bake for 45-50 minutes until lightly golden.
- Serve with coconut yoghurt and fresh strawberries. Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, this will reheat well in the microwave.