Please note this post may contain affiliate links.
Are you looking for a quick and easy pasta recipe that’s packed with flavor and healthy ingredients? Look no further! This Creamy Avocado & Spinach Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes has a bold, punchy flavor profile and only takes 20 minutes! As a bonus, it also tastes great cold as a pasta salad the next day.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Creamy & Silky Texture: When blended, avocado, soaked cashews, and soy milk create a silky texture that is perfect for pasta.
- Healthy & Nutritious: Avocados are rich in healthy fats, plus spinach provides a nutritious boost of vitamins and minerals, and cashews are a source of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
- Quick & Easy: This recipe only takes 20 minutes from start to finish, making it a quick and easy option for busy weeknights.
- Flavorful & Punchy: Basil, garlic, lemon juice, sundried tomatoes give this dish a zesty fresh kick, yet the overall flavour is balanced and creamy thanks to the cashews and avocado.
- Vegan-Friendly: This recipe uses soy milk to make it vegan, however, you can also use dairy milk or top it with parmesan if you aren’t plant-based.
- Avocado: Avocado is the star ingredient in this creamy vegan pasta sauce. Avocado is rich in healthy fats and provides a creamy texture to the sauce, making it perfect for pasta.
- Spinach: Fresh baby spinach adds a pop of vibrant green color to the pasta and provides a nutritious boost of vitamins and minerals.
- Garlic: Garlic adds a savoury base flavor to the sauce.
- Basil: Fresh basil adds a fresh, herby flavor to the sauce and provides a pop of color.
- Raw cashews: Cashews are used to create a creamy and silky texture in the sauce. They are also rich in healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is used to thin out the sauce and make it even smoother.
- Lemon: Fresh lemon juice provides a tangy flavor to the sauce and helps to balance out the richness of the avocado.
What you’ll need to make Avocado Pasta
To make this creamy pasta, you’ll need a high-speed blender (I love my Nutribullet Pro) plus a few fresh ingredients and pantry staples. Luckily, there are also plenty of substitution options (listed further below) that still make this recipe taste great! However, if you’re off to the store, here’s a shopping list: